Friday, March 02, 2007

Day 7- Highlands and Bibingka tasting



We took it easy although I took time to take the pictures of Lulu and Louie. The light was diffused so we had to work on slower shutter speeds. In addition, there is the reality that the first pictures taken in portrait sittings are always warm up sessions until the sitter relaxes and let’s their personality come out for the photographer to take. Otherwise the result is stiff, posed and contrived. I must admit a lot of the pictures I take are just like that until I catch them relaxing a little and letting me in to their real selves.






A lot of times, my subjects wonder, I take almost three rolls worth of pictures and in the end I just return to them a few photographs. They do not realize that there was a warm up process involved where most of the pictures might not be useful and there is the editing process where pictures that are less than stellar had been weeded out. After our session, we went to the Highlands where we had the best view of the Taal Volcano. We had lunch at the clubhouse of the Highlands while I took some time to take pictures of the golf course on top of the hill.














After lunch, we headed back to the house and then took the car to go back to Manila. Of course I was looking forward to this because I wanted to see Louie’s new project which is Marciana’s Bibingka. He had been laboring on the recipe for six months before finally introducing the product in two locations last December. I had tasted their bibingkang galapong and it is quite good even if you heat it up the day after. I is packed in a printed box that I was able to put it in one of my carry on bags to Bangkok because I wanted Soon to taste the bibingka as well. Louie eventually plans to be able to franchise Marciana’s bibingka after he has set up his owned outlets around Metro Manila.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home