Thursday, February 09, 2006


Luang Prabang Day 11, 6 February 2006

It was raining through the early parts of the morning. and it was still drizzling at 6:30 am. I had already packed most of my things the night before except for my sleeping clothes and the clothes that I will be wearing when I leave the resort.

Pat and I agreed he will take me to see the elephants bathing. He arrived a little late so I thought it was off. It was lucky that he caught me on my way to the restaurant otherwise he would have missed me. When we got to the boat, he rowed to get to the point where the elephants will be. But then his friend told him that they were already on the other end of the camp. He tried getting the boat motor going but it refused to do so. I was getting to be stoic about it, perhaps it was not meant to be. No point in pushing for it. Then suddenly the motor started and we were off to see the elephants. We just caught up with them. It did not take long before the elephants finished with their bath and started to move on.

Back at the restaurant, I ordered my breakfast and took some pictures of the misty mountains as the sun was starting to appear. While having my breakfast, the other guest of the resort approached me, he was an old british man vacationing with his wife. He was asking me where to go in Bangkok to look for CF card readers and I gave him directions to the shop in Panthip Plaza where I got my multi format reader. I then headed back to the cottage so I could take my shower and finish my packing. I also double checked to make sure that my chargers are safely put away in my bag. I also want to make sure that I did not accidentally leave anything behind. I was getting several messages from Cocoy in Bangkok, I still have not yet left Luang Prabang and Bangkok is already catching up with me. I stopped by the town to go to the internet shop before going to the airport. I got there before the tour groups arrived. I had lunch at the airport shop and I bought a black and white photo postcard taken by a Thai photographer. I wrote my note to Auntie Gloria telling her of my trip to this wonderful place, the royal city of Luang Prabang.

Me having a "something about Mary" moment at the Luang Prabang airport.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home